In this kit:
- Press releases (Google Drive)
- About the game
- Images & videos (Google Drive)
- About Tall Story Games
A pixel-art point & click adventure game
|Tall Story Games
|27 April 2021 – 26 May 2021
|18th October 2022
Apple App Store
Nintendo N. America
+44(0)1952 882 432
|Play the demo
About the game
Lucy is a young girl with a sharp wit and a recurring nightmare! Adventure between dreams and reality to explore strange environments, colourful characters and unique puzzles. Can you unlock the secrets of dream control and discover the disturbing truth behind Lucy’s nightmares before it’s too late?
Where dreams and reality collide
Take a brave step into the terrifying world of suburban, middle class Britain to help Lucy unearth the secrets of her disturbing dreams – but beware, her subconscious is a rabbit hole laced with intrigue, adventure and a cast of extraordinary creatures.
A love letter to the 90s
Lucy Dreaming is inspired and influenced by the classic 90s point & click adventure games, from its beautifully-realised pixel-art style to its irreverent, sarcastic humour. Delve into Lucy’s ever-expanding world as you explore a rich narrative, solve satisfying puzzles and discover hidden Easter eggs.
Do you have what it takes to communicate with Lucy’s dysfunctional family, untangle her repressed memories and bring an end to the nightmares once and for all? Just don’t forget your teddy bear.
- Discover a wide variety of detailed dreams and real-world locations from a neon-lit comedy club with an unusual clientele to a post-apocalyptic boulangerie.
- Encounter a cast of characters from Lucy’s maniacal brother to a giant duck with a bread problem.
- Explore rich environments with an abundance of witty retorts to almost everything you can point your cursor at.
- Reveal hidden Easter eggs and pop culture references.
- Enjoy the distinctive and beautifully realised voice acting (English)
- Travel instantly between scenes with a double-click.
- Having trouble? Just hit the space bar to get a sneaky peek of each scene’s hotspots.
The 30-60 minute demo for Lucy Dreaming takes place before the action in the full game and is a short introduction to Lucy, and the overall style and tone you can enjoy in the game.
All of the puzzles are unique to the demo, so there are no spoilers for the full game either.
Images & videos
Download a selection of screenshots, trailers, artwork and logos from Google Drive.
About Tall Story Games
Lucy Dreaming is the first full-length title to be produced by the newly-founded indie game studio Tall Story Games. The founders, Tom and Emma Hardwidge, are a husband and wife team based in Shropshire, England specialising in narrative-driven games. They have a strong focus on creating games with engaging stories, well-developed characters and above all a good sense of humour.
Tall Story Games has already created a series of shorter titles which have been very well received within the adventure game community. In 2020 the team produced “Hair of the Dog” which followed a member of the Victorian gentry as he investigates the mysterious disappearance of his uncle, and “Lockdown”, an HTML-based point & click game where a virologist balances her work, parenting and home schooling while confined to her home.
In 2019, they created “Where’s my Cloak?” for the Roman Baths, Bath. This was the team’s first adventure game project and was the catalyst that brought them to where they are now.